SOLVED programs and games crashing

Reaction score
Hello, I do not know where to put this, but I need some help. I have tried looking all over for answers but can't find anything that helps fix my problems. When watching videos or dvd/blurays, the video will freeze but the audio continues. Basically the programs (cyberlink Media suite 10 and Media player classic) crashes, giving errors, but can not see the error box. it is hidden and can not alt-tab to get to it. When running games like Torchlight, Shadow Warrior, and I exit the game (full screen) it goes to a full blank Grey screen (no icons or mouse) and I can't alt-tab, ctrl-alt-delete, or anything. I have to physically shut down my computer and turn it back on. When running the games in windowed screens, the video, on the game freezes, and audio continues. I have figured out how to run Torchlight in open gl, and it works fine, that way, but am unable to change any settings. My "Driver Fusion 3.1" program freezes, when searching for outdated drivers. I contacted their support, and gave them the logs, for the program, and they can't find the issue, due to the program crashing at different stages in the search (not just on the same driver or spot every time). This problem started when I was still running win 8.1, right before I upgraded to 10, and has persisted through upgrade to 10, and two (fully clean) reinstalls of 10. I have searched all over and can not find anything that will help. I uploaded my Msinfo 32 and DxDiag txts. if there is anymore information I need to post, please let me know how to get it. Thank you soo much for the help

Edit. I have gone through setting the windows update to never install device drivers, Removed all Nvidia device drivers, Used DDU to get all nvidia off my system, and done a full clean reinstall of Nvidia drivers, manually downloaded from Nvidia website (355.82 WHQL). Done this 4 times, last night, 15 times in all. That hasn't fixed the problem

Attachments

• my system information.txt
    980.8 KB · Views: 1,054
  • DxDiag.txt
    77.3 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had issues with Cyberlink's Power Director video editing software. It works but leaves me with very choppy video. My other editor has no issues. So my guess is it's a compatibility issue with your Media Suite.

As far as the games, I see you're using the WDDM 2.0 drivers. Those are the ones downloaded through windows updates? If so, go to nvidia's website and download the latest drivers there. Uninstall the ones you're using first (I use DDU in safe mode to do that, but it's not necessary). Reboot, then install the new ones. You may need to hide the WDDM 2.0 drivers so Windows Update doesn't try to replace the new ones.

Reaction score
Alright. I have gone through using the wushowhide.diagcab, to disable updates, but nothing besides my Razer software shows up. I apologize for being somewhat noobish, but I do not know where/how to disable wddm 2.0, or which update it is

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update. I have again, uninstalled all nvidia drivers, gone into Device manager and uninstalled device "Nvidia Geforce GTX 970", booted into safemode and used DDU to remove nvidia drivers, rebooted into normal. Ran the wushowhide, found 2 nvidia updates in there, checked both boxes and hit next. The program said it had "Fixed" the problem, but windows update is still loading drivers for the card, and is still showing Nvidia driver, on screen

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (1).jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 567
Reaction score
I redid all, again. and same problem with video freezing and audio continuing, is still happening. I have no idea what to do. Highly frustrated at this point. Looks like I was able to finally get windows update to not install driver updates for nvidia, but they are still showing up in the update list.

Reaction score
I hate the way Windows Update works. I have a similar issue with my tablet. Windows Update keeps installing touchscreen drivers that don't work. Blocking them does no good. On my gaming PC, no issues blocking updates. I wish I had an answer for you.

Reaction score
just by coincidence, I think I found out my problem. While running a video, MPC-HC errored and opened up a page about the error. Turns out EVGA Precision-X has conflict issues dealing with monitoring sensors. I uninstalled Precision-X and so far things are looking great. So now, does anyone have a recommendation for a good program that will control my video card fan. That was the only reason I was using the program, to begin with. I always set my fan 10% faster then the temp of the card. If the temp is 30 degrees C, I had my vid card Fan set at 40% fan speed, and so on and so on

Reaction score
MSI Afterburner. It basically does the same thing, but will work with any card. Even AMD. The only thing it won't allow me to do with my old EVGA GTX 460 is adjust voltage. It's actually a more universal program.

Ask a Question