Programs develop bugs w/ Windows 10 update

MSB

Reaction score
Hello,

I have programs (for instance Langenscheidt electronic dictionaries and Autohotkey) that worked perfectly when I updated to Windows 10. Now they don't, presumably because of Windows updates in the meanwhile - I tested that by checking the programs on a laptop that was not connected to the Internet in the meanwhile, and they work on it.

I set the programs to run as administrator and also cranked back the run environment to Windows 7 and then to Windows XP. It didn't help.

My specific problem is with the COM applications in Autohotkey that directly control Microsoft Word. They no longer work at all. This is an example of a command in Autohotkey that used to work:

Word:=ComObjActive("Word.Application")

I fully realize that this is not the Autohotkey forum. I am only looking for anything on the Windows 10 side that would once again enable the control of Word and other Office programs.

Thanks in advance for any information on the above-mentioned problems.

Ask a Question