Quick Launch Bar rises and disappears by itself

Reaction score
Just installed W10 over W7. My Quick Launch Bar moves around without any mouse input. Also, the icons in my System Tray come and go as they please - again with no mouse input. Also, I want to regain the the space where Cortana was. It's blank now. I want to enlarge the space for the Quick Launch icons. Thank you............

Reaction score
Have you locked the taskbar?. Right click anywhere on taskbar select "Lock"
To hide the search (Cortana) box Right click on taskbar > search, you have an option to hide or show search icon,

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. The Cortana box is now gone. However, all of the Notification icons I used to have are not there. How do I customize the far right of the Taskbar so ALL those icons show? Many are now hidden. Thank you.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention: My Taskbar is set to auto-hide. When it is'up' the icons in the far right don't always show. It seems like they appear when they want to - not instantaneously when I raise the Taskbar. Another thing: The Taskbar rises without any mouse (or any other) input. Thank you.

Reaction score
To display icons in in the taskbar. Click on "Start" > Settings > Notification and actions.Near the top of the page you have 2 choices of icon settings, "Select which icons appear on the taskbar and "Turn system icons "On" or "OFF"
I believe the taskbar will auto appear whenever an app or notification is triggered.

Ask a Question