Quick Print (Outlook)

Reaction score
In previous versions of Windows, I was able to right click on an attachment (to an Outlook message), and print. Now, I have to choose Edge, then choose Print (which is on the next page) and then change the orientation (because it doesn't seem to save), then select Print.

Anyone got any ideas on how to simplify?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
To some extent your ability to "simplify" may be dependent on your version of Outook.
Go here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs
IN the left column, select Internet Explorer (or the browser of your choice, but not Edge)
At the bottom click
"Set this program as default".
Hopefully, that will take Edge out of the equation.
Although there seems to be some complication if you are using Outlook 2010 or older.
Still worth a try.

Reaction score
That was interesting. I made IE the default to open, but it just hangs. I've tried all the other programs I can think of, and each one is fairly cumbersome. I think I have two main problems: (1) the default printer orientation is landscape. My printer's property show the default as portrait, but somehow Outlook seems to have its own reset for that; and (2) even though I check the box to choose an application for opening attachments I always have to make that choice.

I guess the issue is with Outlook, although I didn't have the same problem with Windows 7.

Thanks, Trouble, for your suggestion!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We weren't trying to make IE or any other program the default for the attachment quick print right click context menu.
We were just trying to take Microsoft Edge, out of the equation.
What version of Outlook are you using...... 2010 or older??

Reaction score
One of my users is having the same problem with a PC we have upgraded to Windows 10 using Outlook 2013. She is used to right clicking on an email and selecting 'Quick Print' and it spools to the printer - now it defaults to saving as a PDF file. There must be a setting somewhere to reset this surely ...

Ask a Question