Quick View

Reaction score
A friend I help, once in a while, has a problem trying to find how to eliminate the Quick View account. We did enter the account and unchecked all the boxes, but every so often he does get some messages show.

Also, he asked; If he made some faulty entries after the upgrade, can he restore the Windows 7 image and then try another install to upgrade to Windows 10. He made an image of Windows 10, but that was after he had made entries to "10", like WLM and browser. I guess, from what I understand, he wants to do is a fresh upgrade, image to an external drive, and then make his changes on new install. (Hope I got his intentions covered).

Try to convince him to join the forum, but he shies away from posting a questions.

Reaction score
Do you mean the "quick view" in WLM? If so, like Bassfisher, could you detail a little more as to what is a Quick view account?

Reaction score
I don't know what why the Quick View account. In WLM it is located in the left pane. If you right click Quick View then select quick views a window opens with boxes to be checked off. We've unchecked all the boxes, but he still receives e-mail there as well as under his user name. I have no idea what it means, nor have I read an explanation about it in any ot the text books I have.
'v

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can't you just turn it off by de-selecting it on the Ribbon?

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Not important to your issue, but you do not need to right click the option. It is on the top menu, as you can see in my clip.

I took advantage of a brand new installation I had available, and inserted my private Email account. This was the result. The left hand box , in my case at least, merely gives you an outline of anything sitting in the various parts - deleted, inbox..etc.. Perhaps you could detail anything extra, you are seeing there?

If you do not want to see the left-hand pane, then you can drag it out of sight.

Mail.png

Ask a Question