Raid 1 possibilities??

Reaction score
I want to copy data from disk A (already has data on it that I want to keep) to a new disk.That is easy but I update disk A often & want its copy to mirror it so was thinking a raid 1 setup would 'do the job'. However I have concerns that raid setups require empty disks to start with.
Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Since you've received no responses yet and your concern about empty drives I'll assume you want some security in accessing your data. To that end it would probably be best to use a Backup program instead since breaking a RAID setup to read a drive on a different computer may not work. There's several brands available but one that seems to be popular on this site is Macrium Reflect.

Spoiler; I haven't used RAID since Windows NT 4, 20 years ago.

Reaction score
Since you've received no responses yet and your concern about empty drives I'll assume you want some security in accessing your data. To that end it would probably be best to use a Backup program instead since breaking a RAID setup to read a drive on a different computer may not work. There's several brands available but one that seems to be popular on this site is Macrium Reflect.

Spoiler; I haven't used RAID since Windows NT 4, 20 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.My main concern was/is that I have read when you setup Raid both volumes need to be empty.I just want to keep both disks in sync after copying data from disk A to disk B.I already use Acronis TI and never thought about utilising its capabilities so will look into it.Thanks.

Reaction score
This page indicates Win10 needs to be running so having both drives empty wouldn't let the process work:

Ask a Question