RE : double profile pictures

Reaction score
I was checking out a question posted in another forum.
The member there asked if netplwiz works. It did not on his.
So, I went to enable netplwiz option. Upon restarting, while I did not have to sign in, I got double profile pictures.
I then undo netplwiz option and I am now back to normal. One profile picture with a sign in box.

That reminds me that at least one member here mentioned about getting double profile pictures.
Now that it did happen to me, I wonder if that member has also enabled netplwiz option.

Reaction score
My have been me that mentioned it. However, I have since started fresh installing the builds from ISOs, and the problem has gone for me. It seems that is somehow picking up login information from the first builds and duplicating it

Reaction score
My question is....... during the time you had double profile pictures, did you also have netplwiz option enabled ?

Reaction score
By "enabled", You mean had I disabled the requirement to enter a password.. Obviously, on initial installation, I had not got that far, but did have the double picture. After I had customised the login, I still had the double picture. I have, in fact, got the double picture back again, even after a fresh install.

I have since been in discussion on the TechNet forum. It seems that it is known, and deliberate.

It is due to a double login with the second item shown below.

Admin.PNG

I could not get a decent answer as to why we should be seeing this. Being curious, I did try the alternative login but could see no difference.

Last edited:

Ask a Question