SOLVED Recent Updates Not Complete

Reaction score
I would assume all computers should get all the updates and I should remember to check each time to see that they do and question someone if they don't.

On 9/12 & 9/13 I received 6 updates on one computer and only 4 on the other two. Missing from my desktop computer are KB4092436 & KB4227175. Missing from my laptop are KB4457128 and KB4456655.

While looking for the missing updates I notice that my desktop computer has only 12 updates since May of 2018 while the others have 26 and 38. The computer that has only 26 files is missing 8 MS Office updates which is not a big problem because I do all Office work on another computer. The desktop that has ony twelve does not get much use at all except for printing and scanning and I copy files there to be used as backups.

I would appreciate any information anybody an offer. Thank you.

Reaction score
Not all computers get the same updates. Depends on what hardware and software each one is running. KB4227175 is for Excel 2010. KB4092436 was an Office 2010 update. Only those with Office 2010 get those. KB4457128, KB4456655 were a cumulative updates

Reaction score
All of my computers are running Microsoft Office 2010 but only two got the updates. So far it doesn't appear to be problematic.

Do you have any input about the KB4457128 abd KB4456655? the computer that is missing those files has left me with considerable issues. All my personal programs were missing from start up and more importantly that computer no longer recognizes me as the owner of that computer. When I open the computer it brings up the name of a person who was my consultant last year. It seems I no longer have permission to access files or do anything and perhaps that is why all my personal programs such as Twitter, Instagram and "My Favorites" are not available to me.

I just read that there are some issueswith KB4457128 that should be addressed this week. It seems Windows no longer recognizes Personal Information Exchange (PFX) after this update.

Reaction score
I haven't read of any major issues with those updates. I haven't seen anyone who actually had that specific issue with KB4457128. I had no issues on my six Windows 10 machines. All got the cumulative updates just fine. Not getting those updates should have no bearing on your programs and files. The easy way around not getting the updates is to manually download them from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.

Reaction score
Maybe one of the updates today will help fill in anything which might be missing. I agree, some updates are targeted at specific systems. Cumulative updates may be skipped if a newer one comes out prior to a prior one being installed.

Reaction score
Thanks to all who offered their time to help with this issue. The problem turned out to be simply that when restarted the wrong profie was used to restart the computer. Once that was corrected all programs are available to me and all seems right in the computer world once again.

Ask a Question