Recovery Image (D)

Reaction score
I received notification: "You are running out of disc space on Recovery Image (D)."
Disc Management shows: "Recovery Image (D), 14.06 GB capacity, 52 MB free
space, 0 % free."
What does this mean?
Can or should I do anything about this notification?

Reaction score
Go to properties of disk D and run disk cleanup. Maybe you will need to select 'system files' as well to free space.

Reaction score
Try what Dave suggested. But, I believe your backup program is telling you that there isn't enough free disk space to perform the backup you are attempting. Disks usually maintain a minimum of of 5% of free space for fragmentation.

Reaction score
It looks like the partition in question is one of the OEM Recovery partitions which contains the Factory OS Image.

If it has a drive letter on it, which it should not, it may be filling up by even something like the recycle bin.

It might be a good idea to use the snipping tool to take a picture of the Disk Management window and attach.

Reaction score
Saltgrass That's what I was thinking too. OEM recovery partitions are not assigned drive letters.

Ask a Question