Registry

Reaction score
Hi I was trying to add to the right click menu and to get to it requires a registry tweek, well I can get into reg edit
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ but having difficulty getting Directory\Background\shell. so any help will be gratefully appreciated
Joe

Reaction score
Could you give a little more detail? What difficulties, and what are you trying to accomplish?

Reaction score
On trying to follow instructions i get to the reg-edit page and can't find \shell to add anything to. I'm and old buffer, but have been using computers since 3.1. but into the registry
joe

Reaction score
I just read your first post again. So it is the right click menu you want to modify?
There are several rather complicated instructions on the web, most of which involve the tricky procedure of hacking the registry.
In fact, this is a plain text document, which can be altered manually, here:

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX
But even easier, download the attached, change the handle from txt to zip. (This was changed only to upload it.)
Now unzip it. You will find two operatives, one for 64Bit, the other for 32Bit. Either will allow you to very easily modify the Power menu.
This is mine, for example, done manually.

Untitled.png

Attachments

• Power.txt
    460.8 KB · Views: 314

Ask a Question