Reinstall doesn't work

Reaction score
Here's the full story.
I had been using my PC and then it froze, I shut it down with my power button. I boot it up to the point where it just logs in, then it freezes again. I turn it off a 2nd time using the power button and turned it back on, this time it put me into the BIOS, I clicked save and exit (I have an ASUS H110M motherboard and it's the new graphical one BIOS), which put me into booting but then it went into a loop of the ASUS logo with the windows loading circle underneath it but it freezes every time I pressed the power button. A few days later a hard drive I ordered off the internet arrived. I've tried using a USB to install windows. It gets stuck on the windows 10 logo and the loading circle underneath it everytime I boot from the USB to install windows. It's worth noting that my mouse and keyboard lights turn off, suggesting no power is going to them. This might be my motherboard now that I think about it, but I'm hoping it's windows as it would be easier to fix I hope. Sorry for the large paragraph, please please please does anyone know anything about what I might be able to do?

Reaction score
I've been restarting it constantly. This time it said my PC ran into an error and that it will restart for me. It said MACHINE CHECK ERROR if I talk to a technician.

Reaction score
It restarted and then went to the ASUS logo and then to the same thing again. "PC ran into an error and that it will restart for me". then it restarted and went to ASUS logo and now it's frozen on windows 10 logo with the 3 dots in one place

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A few days later a hard drive I ordered off the internet arrived
I assume you are attempting to use this new hard disk as the target for your new clean install of Windows 10?
Does the BIOS utility recognize / identify this new drive as being present?
I have an ASUS H110M motherboard and it's the new graphical one BIOS
You may want to check with ASUS and confirm that you have the latest version of their BIOS / firmware installed for your specific motherboard.
You don't mention if it is a H110M-A or H110M-K.

The fact that is a newer graphic style interface might suggest that it is "UEFI".
You will need to configure your USB installation media so as to make it compatible with that type of installation.
Use Rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/
Configured as follows

Rufus.JPG

IF you don't have the most recent ISO you can obtain it from here using the media creation tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)

Ask a Question