Reinstall win 10 after corruption

Reaction score
Hi, after many efforts by Msoft tech support (who I find are excellent & quick to respond) to resolve a problem, they advise my Win10*64 needs re-install to remove a code corruption. They tried all the repair tools.

Is there any way to reinstall Win without having to install all apps again. My C drive is solely for Win 10, all my data is on Raid on set 3 drives. Last time it took me 2 days - 2 long evenings.

Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite are relatively easy & quick. It's all the others that take the time

Regards Jonathan

Reaction score
Fresh install, but select the option to retain data..etc.. It works for me, but, there are software "one-offs", in my experiences, which can need reinstalling separately

Reaction score
Hi, after many efforts by Msoft tech support (who I find are excellent & quick to respond) to resolve a problem, they advise my Win10*64 needs re-install to remove a code corruption. They tried all the repair tools.

Is there any way to reinstall Win without having to install all apps again. My C drive is solely for Win 10, all my data is on Raid on set 3 drives. Last time it took me 2 days - 2 long evenings.

Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite are relatively easy & quick. It's all the others that take the time

Regards Jonathan
Fresh install, but select the option to retain data..etc.. It works for me, but, there are software "one-offs", in my experiences, which can need reinstalling separately
Thanks for response Davehc. Its the little but very useful utility software that's likely needing re-install. Some of them work but are no longer available. I usually download the software on install - if I can find the archive they are in.

Reaction score
What I did for several machines was repair install. There are more details here:

I think I downloaded the media creation tool to get the installation medium, then ran setup.exe and made sure to keep personal files and apps. Everything, from the data to the apps to app settings and even the desktop appearance, were retained.

The same thing happened when I upgraded from Win 7 and 8.1 to 10.

Reaction score
What I did for several machines was repair install. There are more details here:

I think I downloaded the media creation tool to get the installation medium, then ran setup.exe and made sure to keep personal files and apps. Everything, from the data to the apps to app settings and even the desktop appearance, were retained.

I agree with this protocol, This is called an upgrade/Repair Install and will keep most software some things like Open Shell, and 8gadgets will run an upgrade repair after the install completes. Some older software will have to have a repair install or complete install again. on my 4 Win 10 machines, all my software runs no problems after the install. This is a good option however it may or may not solve your issue definitely worth a try.

Reaction score

Thanks Monkey love, I will give that a go

Ask a Question