After reinstalling windows microphone sound really low

Reaction score
Hey, I reinstalled Windows two days ago and with that came a problem where my microphone was so low to a point where my mates on Skype/Discord can barely hear me. I've turned the volume to 100 and even bought a new microphone but still the volume is really low. I have tried googling this problem but none of the googled answers worked because I have turned all the levels up and that is not the problem.

My windows version: 1909 (OS build:18363.752).

Reaction score
Hey, I reinstalled Windows two days ago and with that came a problem where my microphone was so low to a point where my mates on Skype/Discord can barely hear me. I've turned the volume to 100 and even bought a new microphone but still the volume is really low. I have tried googling this problem but none of the googled answers worked because I have turned all the levels up and that is not the problem.

My windows version: 1909 (OS build:18363.752).

Reaction score
Did you leave it plugged in when reinstalled windows?

No I actually bought this after the windows installation. I had really old microphone and my friends told me they couldn't hear me anymore after the update so I figured the microphone finally died so I bought a new one, but this new one is extremely quiet as well.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I also see that it uses 2 cables...a type c USB and a 3.5mm Audio jack. Are both of those plugged in? The only other option is to contact Thronmax directly and see what they have to say.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yes indeed, I don't think the problem is in the mic, but something wrong with Windows. Maybe it's the drivers but I've updated all the drivers so I have no idea.
There are no drivers for it....what drivers are you talking about? I concur that it's a windows thing.

OH...just out of curiosity, what does it look like in device manager? Are there any flags showing?

Reaction score
I also see that it uses 2 cables...a type c USB and a 3.5mm Audio jack. Are both of those plugged in? The only other option is to contact Thronmax directly and see what they have to say.

It only uses type USB to type C. I believe the 3.5mm audio jack can be used but it didn't even come with it. I believe it is if you want to use the microphone as a speaker. I still don't believe it is the microphone as the other microphone that I used had exactly the same issue.

Reaction score
There are no drivers for it....what drivers are you talking about? I concur that it's a windows thing.

OH...just out of curiosity, what does it look like in device manager? Are there any flags showing?

I'm talking about Realtek audio drivers. Device manager tells me everything is working as intented. If I try and troubleshoot it says evertyhing is normal.

Reaction score
If the software came with any kind of a control panel, try switching on the equalisation device

Ask a Question