Reinstalling windows 10

Reaction score
Reinstalling windows 10, acer aspire one cloudbook, gradually goes upto 88% with configuring settings 67%, then it switches off and on. It reapeats this action continuously goes upto 88% install, switches off then starts again, been 20 plus hours so far.
Can anyone suggest what I can do to fix it. Thanks

Reaction score
What method of reinstall are you using, the OEM factory reset partition or an ISO image?

Reaction score
Hi thanks for your help, I just went through the procedure in windows recovery and followed the steps, I stated to remove files and clicked go. It is supposed to be downloaded through my broadband.

Reaction score
It looks like your recovery files may also be corrupt?? The recovery is getting to a point,at which it can go no further and reverting back to the original (yours) installation.
There may be a better solution, hang in on this forum! But, I think you are looking at a fresh install.
For what it's worth. I don't think there are any downloads involved in a recovery procedure

Reaction score
It looks like your recovery files may also be corrupt?? The recovery is getting to a point,at which it can go no further and reverting back to the original (yours) installation.
There may be a better solution, hang in on this forum! But, I think you are looking at a fresh install.
For what it's worth. I don't think there are any downloads involved in a recovery procedure
Hi thanks for that, the procedure did state that it will reinstall windows and remove old files from the system, so I guess that should have been a fresh copy of windows downloaded, that is what I was hoping for, do you think getting an Iso image from somewhere may help to boot it?

Reaction score
I have never hear of the OEM factory recovery requiring broadband download. The factory installation should be on a partition on your HD. You would require broadband to obtain the Windows updates.

Reaction score
I have never hear of the OEM factory recovery requiring broadband download. The factory installation should be on a partition on your HD. You would require broadband to obtain the Windows updates.
Right my understanding was that it would reinstall windows from the server, the computer was working ok but very slow, so I thought a reinstall would clean it up and fix it,,,,what do you think I can do to get a system working now?

Reaction score
Stuck 88% installation and 67% configuration, just starts and shuts down over again, basically I was trying to get a factory reset, the computer was working but very slow so I thought this would clean it up and make it as new, now I have no system just a cycle of re installation to nothing, can anyone please help, dave or norton have started to give advice please continue guys...

Reaction score
I think I would use MCT, to make a USB Install Disk, If you can still get into windows start the upgrade/Clean install from there. Since your working with a notebook, I would have all the hardware drivers ready to install, Windows Install/upgrade will install Windows native drivers, your notebook may need proprietary drivers. If you don't have them download them from Manufactures Support website. I would try an in place upgrade saving your files. That should fix you up. If not then do the remove everything/clean install. I'm not familiar with your notebook, some manufacture will have a folder on your C:\ Root that has all the factory drivers and software that it came from the factory with? Asus uses the eSupport folder for this your may or may not have a similar folder. Check it out since an clean install will delete this folder should you have one.

Reaction score
I think I would use MCT, to make a USB Install Disk, If you can still get into windows start the upgrade/Clean install from there. Since your working with a notebook, I would have all the hardware drivers ready to install, Windows Install/upgrade will install Windows native drivers, your notebook may need proprietary drivers. If you don't have them download them from Manufactures Support website. I would try an in place upgrade saving your files. That should fix you up. If not then do the remove everything/clean install. I'm not familiar with your notebook, some manufacture will have a folder on your C:\ Root that has all the factory drivers and software that it came from the factory with? Asus uses the eSupport folder for this your may or may not have a similar folder. Check it out since an clean install will delete this folder should you have one.
Hi thanks for this, I had tried the remove everything clean install as I don't have access to windows, I used F12 to get the options list, it still only went to 88% and stopped, So I guess that means there is no way to access windows now?

Ask a Question