Remove Share Name on new GPT Disk...?

Reaction score

Hello,

On a Win 10 (32) 22H2 system, I had a HDD used only to store images of the systems in our small office. But things became too crowded, so today I replaced that HDD with another that is twice its capacity.

Because that new HDD is a 4 TB drive, and I wanted to use it as a single non MBR partition, I set it up with GPT. But then, I discovered that some how in the process it now has a Share Name that I did not choose, and that, I can't seem to modify. That name happens to be STORE, and right now, it seems I am stuck with it.

Leaving that Share Name would be a significant nuisance because I with it, I would have to tweak all of the systems in our office so that their images could be sent to this "new" destination.

Much as if I were renaming the single partition, I have tried many approaches but I can't seem to eliminate that Share Name.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Lothar

Reaction score
I'll add that I just looked at the Advanced options in Aomei Partition Assistant Standard, and spotted "Change Label." Unfortunately, that allows the modification of the the name of the disk, rather than its Share Name.

Thanks, as before,

Lothar

Ask a Question