SOLVED Renamed PC & now being prompted to log in with password.

Reaction score
Usually I don't ask questions on forums because sooner or later I'll come across the answer, but I cannot find my answer! So, as it says in the title. I renamed my PC and now a (new?) account looks like it's been made. Upon logging in I'm told the password is incorrect.

2015-08-27 14.36.14 2.jpg

But when clicking OK I get this screen and notice my PC is trying to log in to another account, which appears to be the same account but it's not as it requires a different password (which I have not set up) and I do not know it!

2015-08-27 14.36.21 2.jpg

My usual log in is my Microsoft account, where I don't need to put in a password it will just sign me in no problems as shown in the image below, it is not ticked. I can't find this second account that has appeared out of no where. Therefore I cant delete it and stop it from automatically signing in!

Users1.png

SignIn.png

Basically how do I remove this user so my Microsoft account is the default login, and will log me in without being prompted for a password? Please help :(

Update 16:11PM

Below is the image I found the user "Katie" under System properties (this is where I renamed my computer) but I have no option to delete it.

asdf.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please delete thread as I have managed to fix it myself. I just chose to sign in with Local account then re-linked my Microsoft account again. Not sure why it did that.

Ask a Question