Repeatedly having my Windows 10 Account Passwords Hacked.

Reaction score
It may not be as simple as having been hacked although I've had a large amount of anomalous behaviour on my computer that could be my own fault. However, I'd rather assume it's external hacking attempts or the result of data-collection agencies (Google, Microsoft, etc.) in order to further research ways to keep my internet usage private.

My basic philosophy here is 'forewarned is forearmed'.

If anyone here is very familiar with Event Viewer and how to interpret the various log outputs it produces that would be a great start.

As far as personal property is considered (physical personal property) I've seen lockpicks left around the property and have had low-value items disappear from the premises. This doesn't amount to more than a 'prank' in overall effect but is still disconcerting.

CCTV isn't an option due to communal rules and local bylaws. It could be done eventually but is a lot more complex than just installing a CCTV system.

Reaction score
I am sorry that this happened to you. I fortunately live in my own house so I can do what I want regarding safety. I myself am a little paranoid when it comes to safety in general and that includes internet safety. I recently had a problem with the Media creation tool and the Microsoft tech support was very nice and trying to help, but when they asked me to give them access to my computer, I said NO WAY IN HELL... they understood.
What about that ring doorbell system. that is as close to a cctv as you can get without braking the rules.
https://ring.com/

Reaction score
I can't invest in security solutions presently. I don't have the money for such things at the moment.

My primary concern here is internet security and the security of my computer.

For whatever reason it appears there's far too much interest in my use of the computer and not enough in my ability to get work done on the machine.

If anyone can recommend a source of more expert advice (that doesn't charge for their assistance) that would bring this thread to a reasonable conclusion.

Bif

Reaction score
Short of a complete forensic audit of your computer by a very reputable firm ( which can be quite pricey ) I don't think there is anything more to be done, you have made all the suggestions that could possibly be the problem (s) so I think you are as aware ( if not more) as the rest on here what you may need to do.
Best of luck!

Last edited:

Ask a Question