Replace the taskbar underlines with hover color for entire icons

Reaction score
Hi,

The underlines of opened taskbar programs bother me, and I'd like to replace them with a much more subtle solution, like this:

Before

Zwischenablage01.png

After

Zwischenablage02.png

Note that I cropped a wider snippet to highlight that the marker is now the hover color and not the underline. Since the hover color is not used in another context (active windows have an even brighter blue), it could easily be used without creating confusion.

Does anybody know how to hack Windows to do this?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Well, since this is applied to every program, I'm pretty sure that this behavior is not able to be hacked with a simple registry change. It's probably a routine that places the icon on the taskbar and applies the behavior as part of the taskbar process.

Why does it bother you? It easy indicates which programs are running vs the programs that are pinned there? A lighter color or color change would have to take into account all the colors of all the possible logos in the tile. An impossible task.

If it bothers you, maybe just hide the taskbar when you aren't using It?

Ask a Question