Reset Windows 10 not won't load

Reaction score
I tried doing a full system reset and it would say getting things ready till 100% then black screen after that I turned it off and on and now it shows the first splash screen then the white line in the top left corner flashes couple times then just black screen for ages

M

Mustapha Elkrim

From experience, I am sure your Windows is corrupt! I suggest you reinstall the OS. If you continue? You will always have problems, Did you make any backup of your data? Good luck.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
I suggest you reinstall the OS

Sad, but true, Windows is the only OS I know that you need to get to these extremes to get working when calamity happens.

However Even if you did not backup your data, its not lost. Just dont format the drive.
Instead if you have an external HDD, its fairly easy to copy what you need out.

You will need
  • 1x 2GB (minimum) USB key (copy all contents out all data will be lost in UBS key)
  • Rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/
  • Linux ISO

Now you want to create a bootable USB with the ISO using Rufus for that see this easy to follow How-to
Now you will need to boot from that USB

If your computer does not automatically prompt you to boot from the USB, you might need to change the device from which the computer starts up to the USB.

Tip: You might be able to press "F8" or "F12" or "Escape" while your pc's BIOS is showing during start up to change your boot device order.

Once the Ubuntu is booting you should see a menu like this.

NOTE: DO NOT CLICK Install Ubuntu Gnome

-> CLICK Try Ubuntu Gnome <-

install.png

OK, once booted you should be greeted by the Ubuntu Gnome Desktop.

At this stage plug in your external USB HDD

Now you need to find and open the file manager

files.jpg

Once that opens, you should have on the left hand side, you should find your Windows installation HDD, and you just double click to mount it and from there you just browse and copy files and folders to the USB HDD.

Have a play around, its really not very hard to get used to it.

Just dont delete anything from anywhere and you should be OK.

Once done you can reboot and proceed with reinstalling WIndows.

You will need:
  • Windows 10 ISO Download Tool (not media creation) to grab the Windows ISO
  • Windows installation ISO
  • Rufus
  • Your current (from pc you are reinstalling) valid Windows KEY for activation later.
There are other ways to save your data from existing installation if you cant access like you would normally but there we are this is what I would do.

Ask a Question