Reset Windows 10 (when Windows won't boot)

Reset Windows 10 (when Windows won't boot)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

Reset Windows 10 (when Windows won't boot) - How to reset the Windows 10 installation when the OS doesn't boot.

If you are unable to boot in to Windows 10 but wish to perform a system reset, you'll need to use the advanced boot menu to proceed. Please be warned that by resetting your system all 3rd party apps will be removed, however you can choose to keep personal data (i.e. Documents) during one of the steps. This is effectively a clean install which will resolve severe problems with Windows. Please make a backup before proceeding.

If you are able to boot in to Windows 10, it is much easier to...

Read more about this article...

Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

Reset Windows 10 (when Windows won't boot) - How to reset the Windows 10 installation when the OS doesn't boot.

Read more about this article...
Hi, I seem to be having quite the problem, I was having trouble with some drivers and no matter what I did it didn't seem to work, so I decided to just reset the system completely. after the reset I started downloading new drivers etc. onto my PC, but when I tried rebooting to finnish installations it went straight to automatic repairs, but of course these repairs didn't repair anything... now it won't boot into windows unless I do another reset, and when I do it can't be rebooted without hitting the same bump all over again...
also when resetting I never get the option too choose what OS I want installed as showed in this post...
I'm no expert when it comes to software, but I used the cmd command Chkdsk/f/r D: command (according to diskpart that's my bootdrive)... also tried chkdsk D: /f... as I said I'm no expert but it looked too me fram what I saw that it couldn't find an OS on my drive...

any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Do I need to get my USB with Windows 8.1 to reinstall and fix this or is there an easier way?

Ask a Question