Reverting fall creator's update

Reaction score
It seems i am having some trouble in bugs or adjusting to the new update. I wanted to revert to the anniversary build before the 10day period ends.

My question is that can I easily update again to the latest builds after I reverted now? because im thinking I could just revert for now and upgrade in the coming months when issues are already ironed out. thanks!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi jasper_27,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will be able to continue receiving updates after rolling back to your previous Windows build.

You may need to make use of the wushowhide.cab provided by Microsoft to temporarily hide the Fall cumulative update which you can get from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window

As updates are cumulative you could if you wanted to wait for some time before choosing to grab the latest Cumulative Update, however, as new features and possibly driver support may be included in an update, this may mean you'd need to update to one version before going straight to the latest build.

At any time you can download the ISO file of a cumulative update, then right-click and select mount it to run the Setup.exe to allow you to install a newer build. You can download these from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...016-update-history?ocid=update_setting_client

If the link will not open, simply right-click on Start and select Settings then click on Update & Security then click the Learn more link on the right-side of the Windows Update window, which will take you to the ISO files.

Reaction score
It seems i am having some trouble in bugs or adjusting to the new update. I wanted to revert to the anniversary build before the 10day period ends.

My question is that can I easily update again to the latest builds after I reverted now? because im thinking I could just revert for now and upgrade in the coming months when issues are already ironed out. thanks!

I had it blocked on my computer and the block only works on the version you have. I finally let it update and the system runs much smoother. I do miss some of the features in the right click on start menu, but just typing co will bring up control panel and CMD is always easy to get. the real pisser was as soon as I got creator, the Fall version came out and I had to run that since I had no option. I just pray there isn't a winter, spring and summer version

Ask a Question