Rosetta Stone 2.2a

Reaction score
Hi
I am trying to install a copy of Rosetta Stone 2.2a, with no success, it appears to install correctly, but, after installation on trying to run nothing happens
Have tried running as Administrator, Compatibility modes 7 to XP
Contacted Rosetta Stone help - zero help forthcoming
Any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Thanks for that Noob Whisper, I have already contacted Rosetta Stone their reply basically boils down to "we no longer support your version, purchase a new version at a discounted price"
I had a look at the properties of Rosetta Stone.exe and was surprised to see:
File Description - Macromedia Projector
Product Name - Director MX
Product Version - 9
File Version - 9.0.0.383
Original Name - Projector.exe
I am currently trying to get my head around what this indicates and what solutions I can find
As usual any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
I have now found the same problem on an updated Windows 7 computer
This I discovered is caused by the update KB3086255 blocking SafeDisc secdrv.sys
Windows 10 will not allow SafeDisc secdrv.sys (there is a possible work round that I have not yet trialled)
Apparently this issue affects some older games.
Why o why can Microsoft not inform users that installed software will not function before upgrading to Windows 10, in my case it would of saved me 3days work

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to know and thanks for updating your thread with that information.

Reaction score
I have now found the same problem on an updated Windows 7 computer
This I discovered is caused by the update KB3086255 blocking SafeDisc secdrv.sys
Windows 10 will not allow SafeDisc secdrv.sys (there is a possible work round that I have not yet trialled)
Apparently this issue affects some older games.
Why o why can Microsoft not inform users that installed software will not function before upgrading to Windows 10, in my case it would of saved me 3days work
Hi I know this post was years ago but did you ever find a workaround? I have a 2007 Rosetta Stone program and a laptop with Windows 10 and I’m sure this is the reason why it installs but won’t work.

Ask a Question