For those who cannot wait for the Creators Update (a.k.a. Redstone 2)

Reaction score
Used the new MCT already and made an ISO as well as an USB Flash drive for installation.
made labels for the DVD as well. If someone wants to use them, feel free to do so....

Attachments

• Windows 10 Creators Update.jpg
    Windows 10 Creators Update.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 718
  • Windows 10 1703 15063 Redstone 2.jpg
    Windows 10 1703 15063 Redstone 2.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1,589

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I did the "media creation tool" download to USB yesterday and did a clean install. It's showing version 1703 build 15063.13.

Some of my tiles in the start menu are broken/blank or don't work. I have 7 tiles with a downward arrow and all 7 open up same app, a tips app.

So, apparently this is not the RTM as being reported.

NOTE: with this clean install, there is a cumulative update for it already.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Some of my tiles in the start menu are broken/blank or don't work. I have 7 tiles with a downward arrow and all 7 open up same app, a tips app.
Those should clear up after the Store app catches up with multiple downloads that accompany this upgrade.
So, apparently this is not the RTM as being reported.
Everything that I can find says that it is the RTM.
NOTE: with this clean install, there is a cumulative update for it already.
I've been wondering about that.
IF they were going to release the ISO that included
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4016251) which would produce the 15063.13 build number.

There is also a Cumulative Update Build 15063.14 (KB4016252) out there, but....
It is suppose to be only for the Insider builds only https://www.onmsft.com/news/windows...-preview-rings-non-insiders-get-an-update-too

I haven't got that one yet on my production machine that I upgraded a couple days back using the Microsoft Official ISO that was available at that time.
It's still on 15063.13.

I wouldn't be surprised to see yet another one before next Tuesday, but whether or not it will be included in any ISO that we might be able to access is another question.

Reaction score
I Fresh installed from the MSDN download. All the icons are fine. A cumulative update came with it - the same one referred to by Trouble.

And it is ver 1703 build 15063,13. The final RTM.
But. As Trouble point out, Updates, including those darned cumulative ones, will go on ad infinitum

Last edited:
Reaction score
Phew! Good find. Someone in Intel is a little unpopular today!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK..... I've been at this since October of 2014 and still enjoy it.
Can it be frustrating, annoying and sometimes exceedingly disappointing...... You bet!
But... it keeps me engaged and entertained and my mind active as well as curious as to what's next.
At my age, that's worth the price of admission.
I take precautions as I would with any semi-risky endeavor, with backups and disk images even on my insider preview machines which seldom contain anything critical, but......
IF I were still working for a living and reliant on my computer for day to day dependability I would likely still be depending on Windows 7 for my production environment

Now I'm just waiting for Redstone 3 insider previews to start landing and we've been pre-warned
Now comes our standard warning that these new builds from our Development Branch may include more bugs and other issues that could be slightly more painful for some people to live with.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...insider-program-settings/#BjJ8D0sTdAKZgJxD.97
It's likely to be buggy as hell.

Reaction score
I Fresh installed from the MSDN download. All the icons are fine. A cumulative update came with it - the same one referred to by Trouble.

And it is ver 1703 build 15063,13. The final RTM.
But. As Trouble point out, Updates, including those darned cumulative ones, will go on ad infinitum

That is exactly what I have now and it all seems to work. I did the Dona thing by plugging in all my portable stuff and that all worked.

I have never, to my knowledge, ever used a device with an Atom CPU. What do they go in? small tablets? Phones?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Hey Dave....can you send me a copy of your MSDN ISO.

Does anybody have int their new 1703 version, the Skype Preview. I heard it was going to change from preview to just a normal Skype name/title? In mine it still shows as "Skype Preview".

Reaction score
so far I have updated three of my four computers using the upgrade assistant (two are still in the process). The build version came out as 15063.13 and everything went smooth sailing....
I still have to check if the ISO ends up the same way or starts as 15063.0 . (the ISO I made with the MCT is the standard AIO - Home and Pro in 32 and 64bit. That way I have them all together in one DVD without the "N" and single Language version)

@bassfisher6522
Dunno about the Skype preview as I have deleted it and installed the full Skype version....

Reaction score
so much for smooth sailing..... on one of my laptops it killed not only the video driver, it also disabled my "data protection sensor" (it supposed to cause problems- it worked just fine with the previous version).
Got my video driver running again and also had to reinstall my gadgets....
Testing now all my installed programs......:( :rolleyes:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I still think I have an insiders build......half of my stuff is missing or not working or mislabeled.

Reaction score
Hey Dave....can you send me a copy of your MSDN ISO.

Does anybody have int their new 1703 version, the Skype Preview. I heard it was going to change from preview to just a normal Skype name/title? In mine it still shows as "Skype Preview".

I would love to help, pal, but with a download/upload speed of 3mb/s, it would take about four hours, during which time, no one in the house can use the internet, which would include watching the TV. I would also be taking a small risk of losing my MSDN privileges (Big Brother may be watching. LOL)

But it seems that Grizzly and Tim have got hold of something - maybe they can direct you?

Reaction score
I noticed that the new build sets some of the preferences back to default. I tested all my installed programs and beside what I mentioned in my previous post, nothing went awry.

@bassfisher6522
The second link in my first post points to the upgrade assistant which will install the creators update in the build 15063.0 . You can also use the MCT mentioned in the first post to update your computer.

I have used the upgrade assistant to update my Windows10 installs and beside some minor issues, it worked out (even on my productive system). BTW: I have not joined the insider preview on my regular systems (I have an extra drive for that). I do not know how the upgrade will act when it finds an insider system....

Gonna test the ISO on the weekend with my test system....

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Back in post #3; I stated I had already did the MCT route with build version and number....which is why I posted in the first place. But thanks anyway.

As to your links....your 2nd link redirect to this same page with a automatic download (which I hate).

Reaction score
...I still have to check if the ISO ends up the same way or starts as 15063.0 . (the ISO I made with the MCT is the standard AIO - Home and Pro in 32 and 64bit.)....
ISO starts as 15063.0 - Home and Pro in 32 and 64bit.
When you run the setup from the iso & check download updates, it will install as 15063.13; if you uncheck, it will install 15063.0.
I tried it both ways. Downloading updates as part of the install is fast since the Cumulative is small.
2017-04-07_104344.jpg

Reaction score
As to your links....your 2nd link redirect to this same page with a automatic download (which I hate).

Not quite correct: The link on that website that contains the MCT has a link for the upgrade assistant as well but for an old one namely for the "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" which is the one for the initial Windows 10 (at least that comes up on any of my browsers). The link for the recent upgrade assistant I got from the blog which is "Windows10Upgrade28085"

ISO starts as 15063.0 - Home and Pro in 32 and 64bit.
When you run the setup from the iso & check download updates, it will install as 15063.13; if you uncheck, it will install 15063.0.
I tried it both ways. Downloading updates as part of the install is fast since the Cumulative is small.
View attachment 5131

I figured as much since the upgrade assistant does the same way, installing as 15063.0 but updating right
away to 15063.13 . Win-Win

Ask a Question