Scaling level is 200% by default

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am running Windows 10 Pro in a Toshiba Satellite L850-1FR (15.6"), and every time I start my computer I need to change the scaling level as it seems to be 200% by default, but for me 100% is the right level. Does anyone know if there is any way to change this default option so I don´t have to change it every time I start Windows? I have attached a print screen.

Thank you in advance.

upload_2015-11-22_11-25-50.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Sarah and welcome to the forum.
Sorry, you are not being ignored, I just suspect that no one has a definitive solution to offer.
I suspect that you are going to find that you are going to need some driver updates.
You'll need to go to Toshiba's support website for your region and plug in your complete model name and number ( I tried with the model number you provided but evidently their U.S. support site doesn't recognize it)
Check and see if they have any updates for your computer's hardware, paying particular attention to any BIOS, Chipset, Storage Controllers, Video, Audio, Network, etc.
Some laptops even have driver requirements for their integrated monitor (screen), so you may want to look into that as well..

Reaction score
Hello Sarah and welcome to the forum.
Sorry, you are not being ignored, I just suspect that no one has a definitive solution to offer.
I suspect that you are going to find that you are going to need some driver updates.
You'll need to go to Toshiba's support website for your region and plug in your complete model name and number ( I tried with the model number you provided but evidently their U.S. support site doesn't recognize it)
Check and see if they have any updates for your computer's hardware, paying particular attention to any BIOS, Chipset, Storage Controllers, Video, Audio, Network, etc.
Some laptops even have driver requirements for their integrated monitor (screen), so you may want to look into that as well..

Hi Trouble,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. I will try and have a look on the official website and see if I can update the drivers for the screen.

Ask a Question