Change DPI Scaling

Change DPI Scaling

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

Change DPI Scaling - If you're running a high-resolution monitor, you may wish to alter the DPI scaling.

If you're using a very high resolution screen (perhaps a 4k or a QHD panel), you may notice that Windows 10 looks really "small" at the default scaling option. To compensate for the huge number of pixels available on high-end displays, there are DPI scaling options which you can adjust to normalise the view.

This will adjust the text and interface size in most apps, so they appear a more user-friendly size on your display. Some older applications may be problematic and have rendering...

Read more about this article...

Ted

Reaction score
Thanks for the article. I think I read somewhere a while ago that with the Creators Update you can adjust the DPI scaling for an individual application? I have one critical business application that has miniscule icons and dialogue boxes when using my SP4. If I can fix that one application my productivity will be greatly enhanced. I'd like to address this one application rather than system wide.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the article. I think I read somewhere a while ago that with the Creators Update you can adjust the DPI scaling for an individual application? I have one critical business application that has miniscule icons and dialogue boxes when using my SP4. If I can fix that one application my productivity will be greatly enhanced. I'd like to address this one application rather than system wide.

Yep, there are additional DPI controls available in the Creators Update. If you right click the app/shortcut > properties > compatibility tab, it's listed under the "settings" panel at the bottom. I think we'll see further enhancements over the coming year or two, as a lot of people are migrating to high-res displays.

I'll refine the article with per-application settings in the near future :).

Reaction score
What I find odd is we can only scale up increments of 25%, it would be nice if we could scale up in 10% steps!. :D

I read through (most of) the link provided by Trouble but I didn't see anything relating to what I mentioned above. :confused:

Ask a Question