Scam? Sign out and in with Windows 10?

Reaction score
This shows up sometimes in a blue banner. I have obeyed this a few times, but I am now starting to think it is a scam to get my details for some third party. I say this because this time, I just clicked on "Dismiss" and rebooted, and the message did not come up. (It also re arranges my screen icons), but only until the reboot, when they are back to normal.

We can’t sign in into your account. This problem can be fixed by signing out of your account, then signing back in. If you don’t sign out now, any files that you create or changes you make will be lost.

Reaction score
I haven't been getting this message at all, so it seems suspicious to me. Do you have any reason to believe you might have some scam software on your computer, or alternately that there would be trouble signing in?

Reaction score
I haven't been getting this message at all, so it seems suspicious to me. Do you have any reason to believe you might have some scam software on your computer, or alternately that there would be trouble signing in?

It just seems strange that when I clicked on dismiss that the computer rebooted normally, with no such message, whereas previously when I did what the said, a got the same message a couple of days later. This happened 3 times. There are so many phishing scams out there these days, so I'm rather wary these days

Bif

Reaction score
It sounds like malware of some sort to me, perhaps something was inadvertently downloaded at some point. Usually pop-ups like this are scams especially when it's a banner disguising itself as MS..
Try a full system scan using Malware bytes..
and a full scan using the online scanner by ESET..and see if it finds anything.

Ask a Question