SOLVED Screen wake up password

Reaction score
I use Windows 10. I want to disable scree wake up password. I followed YouTube video. But power option screen is not similar to mine. How to fix this problem?

Time 2.31

1.png
1.png

Screen password is already disabled. That mean if I boot the computer no need to put a password on screen to open.

Regedit32

Reaction score
  • Press your windows key + S key together to give focus to search/Cortana field
  • In the search/Cortana field type comm
  • In search results locate and right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  • When the User Account Control prompts you, click Yes
  • In the Administrator Command Prompt console type or copy & paste the following:
Code:
powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0

Press Enter key

Code:
powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0

Press Enter key

Type exit and press Enter key

Done!​

Reaction score
There is also:

Settings > Power & Sleep and choose the settings you want. :D

lock screen.JPG

Reaction score
  • Press your windows key + S key together to give focus to search/Cortana field
  • In the search/Cortana field type comm
  • In search results locate and right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  • When the User Account Control prompts you, click Yes
  • In the Administrator Command Prompt console type or copy & paste the following:
Code:
powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0

Press Enter key

Code:
powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_NONE CONSOLELOCK 0

Press Enter key

Type exit and press Enter key

Done!​
It is not working.

Reaction score
This all talking about screen login password when booting the computer. I have no problem with it. It has been working for me for a long time.

My problem is scree wake up password. That means after a short break if I returned to the booted computer I have to login again to get into the computer.

Reaction score
I use Windows 10 frequent automatic update I get form the Microsoft. It is what you mean.

Reaction score
Now you know where the settings are, open Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot and run the options:

troubleshoot 2.JPG

Ask a Question