How to wake computer from sleep? Keystrokes are ineffective, screen black, I have to re-boot every t

Reaction score
When finished my work, I choose "Sleep" in the power options. Then, when I want to work again, I hit the mouse or any key, even "escape" amd it doesn't "wake up". After 2-3 minutes, I get frustrated and turn the maschine off and re-boot. There must be another way!
Wendy

Reaction score
Having the same problem,
I did the free upgrade from Windows 7
Upon waking up from sleep the the screen stays black
I plugged the computer into my TV screen and it (the TV screen) works
The only way to avoid this problem is to fully shutdown the computer each time, yuck!

I have noticed that the boot time for 10 is faster, but is still slower than the sleep to awake route

Reaction score
I seem to have solved my problem by changing to Hybrid Sleep rather than the regular Sleep function. This is in Control Panel, System, Power Options, make a custom power plan. I set sleep to "never" on both battery and plugged in and clicked Hybrid Sleep for Plugged in. I saved that and re-booted and have not had the annoying problem of it not waking from sleep, again.

Reaction score
Having the same problem,
I did the free upgrade from Windows 7
Upon waking up from sleep the the screen stays black
I plugged the computer into my TV screen and it (the TV screen) works
The only way to avoid this problem is to fully shutdown the computer each time, yuck!

I have noticed that the boot time for 10 is faster, but is still slower than the sleep to awake route
Hi harry I had the same problem on my Lenovo laptop the way I fix it its your windows 10 graphic driver go to your manufacturing downloads and roll back get the 8.1 driver and it should solve you're issue let me know how you go my computer working beautiful now.

Ask a Question