Blue tooth devices won't "wakeup" computer.

Reaction score
Previously I had a keyboard and mouse that had its own dongles. In order to free up USB ports I switched to Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Good move, works great, but when the computer goes into power saving mode, and I want to wake up, I can't do it from the blue tooth devices. I have to keep my logitech mouse plugged in and do it from there. Obviously Windows doesn't recognize these devices until it wakes up. How can I resolve it?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Check in device manager, look for your connected devices under the "Keyboards" and "Mice and other devices" tabs, right click the device you've selected and a new window will pop up. In that window select the "power management" tab, then make sure the box for "Allow this device to wake the computer" is checked. A restart may be needed.

Reaction score
Are the Bluetooth radios active when the system is sleeping? I seem to remember using a Bluetooth mouse and it would not wake the system.

Right now my system only shows a Power Management tab of a "Bluetooth USB module", whatever that is.

You might try the Bluetooth during a boot process to see if any of the special keys work and allow you to enter a Bios setup page. I used to keep a USB keyboard for that purpose.

Reaction score
Check in device manager, look for your connected devices under the "Keyboards" and "Mice and other devices" tabs, right click the device you've selected and a new window will pop up. In that window select the "power management" tab, then make sure the box for "Allow this device to wake the computer" is checked. A restart may be needed.

I took a look at your suggestion. I noted when doing so that they original dongle devices were the devices of record here. So I decided to reboot to see if the system would then recognize the new mouse and keyboard. This seem to do the trick and worked throughout the day. However at the end of the night, I noticed that the keyboard was all lit up and would not go into power saving mode. Things seemed to be locked up and I had to reboot. When I re-booted, the new devices would not work to allow me to get to the log in screen! I had to push the power button on the computer lightly to allow me to go to the log in screen. Thats were Im at now, still with issues.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What are your system specs? What keyboard/mouse are you currently using? Does the current keyboard/mouse (bluetooth) use batteries and if so, have you changed them?

Reaction score
What are your system specs? What keyboard/mouse are you currently using? Does the current keyboard/mouse (bluetooth) use batteries and if so, have you changed them?
I have windows 10. I have a blue tooth logitech keyboard k810. The mouse is an UHURU Neither will wake up the computer. Have to leave and extra Logitech with a dongle plugged in till I resolve this!

Ask a Question