SOLVED Search/Cortana

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I was very excited to upgrade to Windows 10 was no more annoying charm bar appearing intermittently despite me disabling it. How frustrated I am therefore that although now the charm bar has gone my anguish has been replaced by search/Cortana constantly popping up whenever windows 10 feels like! And yes I have disabled the search facility. It still pops up! I actually like having the facility but I want to choose when I want to use it!!!! Any suggestions?

Reaction score
There's an option under Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Synaptics Touchpad to pop up Cortana with a three and four finger tap, your computer is probably thinking you're doing that.

I unchecked the boxes in the settings. and there you will see boxes in which many gestures can be done with the touchpad. Three finger tap and four finger tap comes under "Tapping".

Reaction score
There's an option under Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Synaptics Touchpad to pop up Cortana with a three and four finger tap, your computer is probably thinking you're doing that.

I unchecked the boxes in the settings. and there you will see boxes in which many gestures can be done with the touchpad. Three finger tap and four finger tap comes under "Tapping".
You Sir/Madam are a GENIUS! I was this close to uninstalling and going back to Windows 8. It's done the trick. Thanks.

Ask a Question