SOLVED Security and End of Win10

Reaction score
Will security and defender finish when windows 10 updates finish?. And will it still be usable after?.

Reaction score
IMHO. Yes! It will still be operative, if you wish, but, of course, will not receive the very important definitive updates.
Only other thought I have is - I hope they then make it easier to disable the whole thing so we can install third party alternatives.

Reaction score
It would be nice if they did disable it..there's a plus, of which my laptop won't be so slow because of it running all
the time. But would the operating system be safe enough to shop online with?.

Reaction score
Which third party do you use Dave, I once used Bitdefender which i found non intrusive.

Reaction score
I have only used defender for many years, but, before, and choice now, would be Avast

Reaction score
Wait. Are we looking at the imminent demise of Win 10? I stayed with Win 7 and weathered Vista on a secondary computer until a newer computer arrived with Win 10, supposedly the LAST iteration of Windoze. Research into Win 11 informed me that it was no big deal and of little use to to the majority of Windows users. Has anything changed that I should be aware of?

Reaction score
Wait. Are we looking at the imminent demise of Win 10? I stayed with Win 7 and weathered Vista on a secondary computer until a newer computer arrived with Win 10, supposedly the LAST iteration of Windoze. Research into Win 11 informed me that it was no big deal and of little use to to the majority of Windows users. Has anything changed that I should be aware of?
The authorative statement from MS, is that it will stop being supported at the end of 2025. After that there will be no updates, including sexurity.
How long a person can continue to use it will be up to the individual. It eill, eventually, begin to have driver problems with newer updated software.

Reaction score
Well, even if the Windows 10 is no longer supported, Windows defender should still be supplied with updates. I am running Windows 10 1803 on this computer and WD is still getting updates, even my Windows 7 partition that runs Defender is getting updates, although both do not get monthly security updates anymore. I am aware, it is a little risky but so far, I have not experienced any issues (My computer cannot upgrade to a more recent build due to unsupported video card)

In regard of third-party AV-Software, I am very hesitant because most of them have become too bulky that they slow my computer down to a crawl which Windows Defender does not

Ask a Question