SOLVED Send To Mail not working

Reaction score
Since the fall creator update, right click file / send to / mail recipient does nothing. No messages or crashes, just nothing. Help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums @DaveR52!

Which e-mail client are you using at the moment?

Can you please check to see that you have an associated default app for mail links:
  • Click Start > Setings >Apps
  • Click "Default Apps" from left menu
  • Make sure your e-mail client is listed under "Email" - perhaps change it to something else, then back to default, if it is already correct.

Reaction score
I'm using Outlook. I've checked default apps and set/changed/reset to Outlook. Now send to mail works for jpg's but still not for other file types such as pdf.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've found a possible answer, which appeared to work for several other users. I would make sure you backup the .dll before deleting it, just in case.
  • Ensure Outlook is set as the default Mail client
  • Close Outlook
  • For 32 bit versions of Outlook...
    Delete Msmapi32.dll located C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\system\MSMAPI\1033\
  • For 64 bit versions of Outlook...
    Delete Msmapi32.dll located C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\MSMAPI\1033\
  • Run fixmapi.exe
  • Open Outlook (Outlook will replace & register the Msmapi32.dll and then open).
  • Try the "Send To > Mail Recipient" again.

Ask a Question