Missing "Send To: Mail Recipient"

Reaction score
New computer...Installed Windows 10/Microsoft 2016

When you right click, and Send To...I got everything but Mail Recipient. Help me get it back.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Diane,

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm wondering from your description whether somehow the Mail Recipient file that ought to be present in your profile has either been deleted or become corrupted.

Example using my own User Profile

mail.png

If that is missing or corrupted then a simple way to replace it is to do the following:

• Open your File Explorer
  • Navigate to C:\Users then at top ribbon click View and check the Hidden items box
Doing this will make the Default folder appear which is normally hidden as illustrated below:

mail2.png

• Open the Default folder then navigate to AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
Sample of what you'll see after navigating as above:

mail3.png

• As explained in above illustration you want to right-click on Mail recipient and select Copy
  • Now close File Explorer
  • Next right-click on the Start icon and select Run ( or press Windows key + R )
  • In the Run dialog type shell:sendto then click OK ( or press Enter key )
Doing this will open File Explorer to your Username's Profile folder.

Here simply right-click on an empty spot and select Paste to paste the previously copied Default Mail Recipient.

Note: If it all ready exists here (but is faulty) you will be prompted to confirm you wish to overwrite the existing file.​

• Now just restart computer to allow the System to detect this system file and all going well you ought to be able to right-click and send to recipient as you wish.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question