Settings / Accounts issues

Reaction score
Can anyone please help.

When I try and access sign-in options in the settings account screen, I get the dreaded dots that shoot across the screen but the sign-in options don't open.

Also i cannot access my microsoft account, when I try I just get the circle of dots.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I haven't seen this issue since one of the early preview builds.
There could possibly be some corruption issues with the current profile you are using.
Perhaps try creating a new user account (as a member of the local administrator's group...... not a "Standard" user)
Log on as that new user and see if the problem persists

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I haven't seen this issue since one of the early preview builds.
There could possibly be some corruption issues with the current profile you are using.
Perhaps try creating a new user account (as a member of the local administrator's group...... not a "Standard" user)
Log on as that new user and see if the problem persists

Many thanks for your reply. The problem is I can 't create a new account via settings / accounts. I've even tried creating one through Run using control userpassword2, but that results in a permanent spinning wheel and a system restore to put it right.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type