Settings lock screen personalization problem

Reaction score
Why do I have a message the top of my screen that says in red "Some settings are managed by your organization"? I am not allowed to change the picture on the lock screen. I was able to a month ago and this computer is not connected to any ORGANIZATION. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
1. Did you happen to install a recent insider preview edition of Windows 10?
2. Did you recently add a business / work / exchange account to your mail app?

Reaction score
It would be nice to know what Windows 10 you are running (HOME or PRO). I have the same message when I try to update (cause I set even my Ethernet to a metered connection - in this case the 'Organisation' is ME)

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 since the beginning in 2015 but there is a way to find out :
Go to [Settings] (that is the cogwheel in the start menu) and click on [SYSTEM]. Go down where you see [ABOUT]. Click on that and you should see something similar to this :

2017-02-18_191246.jpg

Let us know please..

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 since the beginning in 2015 but there is a way to find out :
Go to [Settings] (that is the cogwheel in the start menu) and click on [SYSTEM]. Go down where you see [ABOUT]. Click on that and you should see something similar to this :

View attachment 4807

Let us know please..
I have Windows 10 Home! Organization says workgroup!

Reaction score
Workgroup is the network group your computer is part of. This is needed so every computer in this group can communicate with each other. This is normal and part of the network settings and has nothing to do with an Organisation as in a company.

What did you change when this issue happen the first time?? I know the HOME version is somewhat limited in comparison to the PRO version, but since you have been able to change the picture on the lock screen about a month ago, I think there is where we need to start troubleshooting.What happened at that time??
Is there a chance you go to a restore point prior to the time the issue happened??

Ask a Question