Settings Page

Reaction score
I installed the latest insider build (19041.264) on my laptop and desktop PC. The settings home page on my laptop has a banner with icons like my account id and one drive the desktop settings home page does not. Anyone else notice this difference?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Anyone else notice this difference?
No, but...
Could you use the snipping tool to capture an image of the issues that you are seeing so that we might better understand the issue you are posting about.

Reaction score
No, but...
Could you use the snipping tool to capture an image of the issues that you are seeing so that we might better understand the issue you are posting about.
Annotation 2020-05-22 192310.png
Annotation 2020-05-22 194229.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's been around for a while and is one of those "Controlled Features" which are sometimes turned on (enabled) based on some mystery formula that only Microsoft knows and understands. Sometimes they actually make it into the RTM release, sometimes not.
Here's a reference to it, going back two builds / 1 year ago to 1903

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
For instance.
My current Insider Machine running the "Release Preview Build" Settings Home Page

Capture2.PNG

My current Insider Machine running the latest Fast Ring Build, Settings Home Page

Capture1.PNG

It may stay in when it's released to the public or it may not.

I am not sure what determines these CFRs (Controlled Feature Rollouts).
They used terms like restricted, disabled, small select group(s), AND
I don't know what determines if they remain in the finished product or just simply go away.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did not use the insider builds in the last update so I never saw the banner header before .

Ask a Question