Sleep problems

Reaction score
The PC was set to automaticaly go to sleep after 1 hour. When running a very long job, it went to sleep by itself. I don't think that the job continued to run but it started up after I woke up the PC. I then changed "goes to sleep" to "Never". I set the sleep mode after logging off but the PC wakes up by itself at random times. Would it be possible to make it so that the computer NEVER goes to sleep when somebody is logged on but when the sleep mode is set after logging off and the PC needs to be woken up to download patches or rebooted, it then follows the Sleep directive set in Power & Sleep. I often run very long jobs and it's awkward to go into Settings to change Sleep to Never and then back to 1 hour before logging off.

Reaction score
Do not set it for one hour, try 45 minutes. also disable the allow wake timers. Also check your Network properties and make sure it is not set to wake up your PC.

Ask a Question