SOLVED Slow loading

Reaction score
Good afternoon I have a Sony laptop Intel Core i5 2.6 GHz, ram 8 GB DDR3 and HD 1tb, I have done a clean install of win 10 home and even though I have not installed any software it's so to load !.I have run win 10 updates then i have stopped win 10 using software from the internet mainly because I do not use this laptop offten and I was finding that when I turned it on it was spending the first 15-20 min downloading and installing updates. I have run memory test's and they come back good I have also removed in turn each of the 4 GB memory cards and they both run ok, I have 5 partitions on the HD which are old recovery partitions and thought of deleting these and making 2 partitions 1 for windows and the other for software / storage do forum members have any thoughts/suggestions

Thanks
Harry

Reaction score
I have 5 partitions on the HD
Hi Harry,

is C: drive the 2nd partition from the left?, if it isn't, that might explain the slowness?.

1609870897928.png

Reaction score
Hi Harry,

you could shrink C: by a lot, 400 or 500GB and use that new partition but you also have a large 2nd drive.

Are the drives old SATA or IDE drives or are they SSD's?. If they are old spinner drives (SATA/IDE), that might help explain the slowness plus with so much space to scan, the computer will take more time if you don't defragment often (only if they are HDD's or IDE's!). :)

Reaction score
Thanks for reply it is the old type of HD so I take on board your comment, as I don't use the recovery options on this machine do you think it's worth deleting those and just having 2 partions ?
Thanks
H

Reaction score
Hi Harry,

what I would do is a complete fresh install on C: and wipe all the partitions (set size as required) but that is of course; up to you!. :)

Ask a Question