SOLVED Small Help Please.

Reaction score
Its not a real big prob but i would like to change my volume by 1 decibel instead of 4 if theirs a way to do that that would be nice to know iv been looking for a way for too long the help would be nice thanks. :}

Reaction score
I don't know of any applications that scale in decibel. Windows volume control has always been a percentage scale (1 to 100), no correlation to decibel.

Edit on second though:
There is no way you can program a Windows app to a volume scaled by decibel. Properties in the amp and speaker would prevent such designs. It would not be accurate unless the app was programmed to a specific amp and speaker setup.

Reaction score
Windows doesn't use db for volume control, a db is a logarithmic ratio to the power of 10.

Maybe this will help to suit your audio preferences and acoustic surroundings.
At the bottom right of your screen you will see a (if enabled) a speaker icon.
Double click > Opens the Volume slide 0-100%
Right click on the volume icon has 5 user options of which 2 may be of interest to you?.
1 Is volume mixer for device speakers, and apps system sounds.
2 Right click volume icon and click on "Troubleshoot Sound Problems" > (You have to have Admin privileges) > Select the radio button for speakers or headphones and click next > click on "Open enhancements" this will take you to "Speaker Properties" At the top of properties you will see 4 tabs; General,Levels, Enhancements which includes settings for Bass Boost, Virtual Surround Sound, Room Acoustics Correction and Loudness Equalization and an Advanced tab.

Regedit32

Reaction score
The increments of volume slider are hard coded in Windows 10. There are third party tools you can download that allow you to create your own hotkey to increment by 1% per button press.

https://3rvx.com//

This one works fine in Windows 10.

Reaction score
The increments of volume slider are hard coded in Windows 10. There are third party tools you can download that allow you to create your own hotkey to increment by 1% per button press.

https://3rvx.com//

This one works fine in Windows 10.
YAS!!!! Thanks alot i hate how it goes from 0% to 4 i would just like to change it 1% at a time

Reaction score
Windows doesn't use db for volume control, a db is a logarithmic ratio to the power of 10.

Maybe this will help to suit your audio preferences and acoustic surroundings.
At the bottom right of your screen you will see a (if enabled) a speaker icon.
Double click > Opens the Volume slide 0-100%
Right click on the volume icon has 5 user options of which 2 may be of interest to you?.
1 Is volume mixer for device speakers, and apps system sounds.
2 Right click volume icon and click on "Troubleshoot Sound Problems" > (You have to have Admin privileges) > Select the radio button for speakers or headphones and click next > click on "Open enhancements" this will take you to "Speaker Properties" At the top of properties you will see 4 tabs; General,Levels, Enhancements which includes settings for Bass Boost, Virtual Surround Sound, Room Acoustics Correction and Loudness Equalization and an Advanced tab.
Thanks ill try your method first having it to do it without third party software would be better

Ask a Question