SO.... They changed the name

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Introducing Microsoft 365
On April 21, Office 365 becomes Microsoft 365 and will include everything you enjoy today and even more.
SOURCE: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...ounceHome_Email_01_V01_381_FY20Feb_ENUS&rtc=1

How in the name of (pick your deity) is that at all helpful, beneficial or just in generally would qualify as a good idea.

DID some of you out there have a problem with Office 365 and somehow decided that Microsoft 365 was a better name?????

Anyone other than me, getting tired of repeating "I don't get it" more and more often here lately.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Nope...it's not just you. Sadly, it's a global pandemic with ever other manufacturer out there. It's all re-branded and renamed. There's no more creativity or inventing......across the board with every thing.

Reaction score
Well, the pundits tell me that, apart from Corona, because of the superpower cyber war, the internet might come to a standstill shortly. So whatever they call it - it will not matter. Looks like I will have to start reading books again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
One thing that didn't change was the price!!!. LOL. :):):):):)
I don't have a problem with the price.
I get Office 365 Home which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Publisher for $99.99 per year, which I can share with five other friends or family members.
So that's like 6 copies at a cost of $16.67 each per year.
I spend 2 bucks a day for a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts. You do the math.

Reaction score
If you need al those things then it is a fair price (I suppose), but if you don't need all the extras like Access and Publisher, it is overpriced especially when you are paying a yearly (annual) fee.

I only need to write the odd letter and use LibreOffice which suits my needs, I did buy MS Office Home Student package years ago with Word, Excel and Powerpoint, I have not even bothered to install it on fresh installs as Wordpad as well as LO are available to me free of charge.

Do you (or your family/friends) that share the cost use the full package @Trouble ?. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Trust me, nobody shares the cost. Dad / Grandpa foots the bill.
But yes, grand children still in school (7th grade and college) and a daughter that runs her own grooming service and works with the PTO so generally it gets a fair amount of use, except maybe Power Point although I'm really not sure about that one.

Reaction score
I only need to write the odd letter and use LibreOffice which suits my needs,
Ditto. As I said in another thread, Wordpad does it all gor me.
Indo have An almost unused Office 2016, installed, though

Ask a Question