How to restore Icons has been changed.

Reaction score
I have opened with windows paint then icon has been changed, I do not know how to fix this problem.

Reaction score
From what I can make out you have installed third-party [non-Microsoft] software and hard to tell if it is working properly or not. You should check with that company.

Reaction score
Icon theme is from https://www.deviantart.com/ Linux .
I had used software in windows 7 in past and there was nothing wrong with the software.
So I do not think anything wrong is the software.

I just want to know how to restore original image. If it is possible.

I think nothing wrong with file extension .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
graphics file format

The ANI file format is a graphics file format used for animated mouse cursors on the Microsoft Windows operating system. The format is based on the Microsoft Resource Interchange File Format, which is used as a container for storing the individual frames (which are standard Windows icons) of the animation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May be something wrong happened to my windows 10, I will reinstall it, thank you for reply.

Reaction score
Not quite. He simply has set 'paint' as his default program to open *.ani files. I do not know how to disassociate paint from these files as paint does not have an option to do so....

Reaction score

I do not like everything become paint icon or Photoshop icons, I will reinstall windows 10 thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have tried to change extensions for the icons, two of these have not been changed.
Probably something wrong with this icon theme software.
Thank you.

Ask a Question