Solitaire and Windows Store will not open

Reaction score
After the last major update to windows 10, Microsoft solitaire collection and windows 10 store will not open. When I click on either one I get a flash screen and then it disappears (both). Can't seem to find a solution for this.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\View all (left column near the top)\Windows Store Apps
Give it a shot, can't hurt and might be worth a try.
Additionally, just to see if this is one of those seemingly endless profile corruption issues......
Create a new user as a member of the local administrators group (not a standard user).
Log off from your account, log on to the new user account, test store and solitaire collection to see if they work in the new profile.

Reaction score
Thank you for the hints, the control panel suggestion did not work, couldn't detect a problem. Cannot create a new user, the screen comes up for a few seconds but then fades away. I'm pretty well stumped. :confused:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Since I'm not clear as to what you might be able to actually do, nor what you can't actually do, maybe try this
Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type