SOLVED Solved

Reaction score
Is there any customisation which will allow a thread, when solved, to be also closed, I have my alerts, marked, and for me (I'.m getting old!!), it is not helpful to have another look at the thread and see a one liner as, for example "thanks" or glad you solved it" etc
Maybe considered trivial, in which case, ignore.

Reaction score
That is pretty straight forward for an answer.

I am watching the thread, because I am contributing to it. When it is "solved" I have no further interests

Reaction score
That's what I meant.
AFTER the thread is marked Solved and you don't want to be bothered by further activities from it, click the Unwatch Thread option.

I did that on many Solved threads, particularly the How to disable login screen on Win 10.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can see the advantages in having a thread locked once it is solved, however I think there will be more disadvantages if we close threads. Quite often a post that is a couple of months old (and solved) will have further comments with closely related questioning about the process (and it would make sense to have the OP and other notified). There are going to be some threads however that will go on and on for a long time once solve - so it may be better to unwatch ones that get to that stage. Hopefully that will be the easiest way to manage this :).

Reaction score
That's what I meant.
AFTER the thread is marked Solved and you don't want to be bothered by further activities from it, click the Unwatch Thread option.

I did that on many Solved threads, particularly the How to disable login screen on Win 10.
Unfortunately, when I come on the site for the first time, If I see the alerts, that is the first thing I investigate. Certainly, when I find it is solved, I can unwatch it.

Reaction score
OK. You get an alert that is unwanted or irrelevant. But as long as you are one of the participants, you will get an alert. That cannot be helped.
So, unwatch it and that will be the end of it.

Reaction score
No, I did not notice until you told me now.
And I shall unwatch it as it is essentially a "closed" case.

Ask a Question