*some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation

Reaction score
This I get to see since the previous update and I do not know what to make of it and it drives me crazy. Everything in windows update works as it should yet I see this message: *some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.

The only thing I changed in the group policies was not to download drivers. I changed it back to what it was before but the message stays.... Dunno why. Do You???

Regedit32

Reaction score
The Start > Settings app, is where most of use make the niche changes we want to.

Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor, is less used, but has a Higher level of power that the Start > Settings app, so often when making changes there, you will see the effect of a greyed out option in the Start > Settings app.

One of the other side affects though is you can trigger the message you are getting.

One of the common triggers for this is when you use GPO or the Registry to lower the level of [ or completely disable ] Telemetry. Any chance you have done this yourself, or are using a third party tool to block telemetry?

If yes, then go to GPO, and enable Telemetry, then set level to highest and save settings. Now return to Telemetry and disable. That ought to remove the message.

Reaction score
I can live with it though but was curious what can cause this message. I have not done registry changes and the group policy was the only one I changed. Everything else is on standard settings (telemetry is enabled and on FULL).
However, when I changed the setting "choose how updates are delivered" to "ON" the message disappeared after a restart, at least temporary.... it is back again....

Reaction score
This I get to see since the previous update and I do not know what to make of it and it drives me crazy. Everything in windows update works as it should yet I see this message: *some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.

The only thing I changed in the group policies was not to download drivers. I changed it back to what it was before but the message stays.... Dunno why. Do You???

just some FYI :)

btw I'm still using 1607 at this time still awaiting the update via WUD on the laptop, the "old" desktop I installed creators on via a burned ISO is working fine.

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...issing-or-managed-by-your-organization.12810/

Ask a Question