Son's laptop keeps booting me off the internet!

Reaction score
My son's Windows 10 laptop keeps booting him off of the internet after about a minute or so, assuming he can get to the internet at all. This is a laptop mainly used for games, (filled up), and now is needed for schoolwork. I checked the network connections, and it says it's connected. I don't think it's a network issue - all other devices at home stay connected to the internet fine and stay connected. I tried turning airplane mode on and off. I also did a DNS flush. That didn't work, either. The laptop says it's connected to the internet, and sites like Yahoo, Amazon, Google, usually work fine for about a minute, but sometimes they won't open - usually they open fine at the beginning, then my son is kicked off and he can't reconnect.

Is this a memory issue? A "system junk" issue? If it's a "system junk" issues, where can I find that and remove it?

Thoughts? What else can I look at?

Thanks for the help.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi,

what version of Win 10 is on the laptop?.

Is it fully up-to-date with all the cumulative updates as well as the latest version (currently 1909) of Win 10?.

What is the make and model?, it might be a network driver problem?. ;)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
"ll other devices at home stay connected to the internet fine and stay connected. "
What devices are those?
Can you clarify, thread title - You son's computer keeps booting you off
The text says your son gets booted off.
I am not being trivial, just trying to pin down to which device is giving the problem.
With all the kids at home at the moment, there are quite a lot of overloading problems, which could simply be what is happening to you.
I see from previous posts you bought a new computer back in December. I am wondering if there is not a connection issue there??

Ask a Question