SOLVED Spacing between lines in a window

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently I acquired a new desk-top to take over from my approx 10 year old laptop. While migrating my stuff to the new machine I find a disturbing difference in spacing between subsequent lines within a window. Best illustrated in the 2 attached pics, which show a window on both machines, with the same content. This needs no explanation. Can anyone tell me how to shrink the spacing between the lines on the new machine ? I cannot find a feature for that. Thank you in advance. - Wiebe, the Netherlands

Attachments

• old LT.gif
    old LT.gif
    65.5 KB · Views: 38
  • new DT.jpg
    new DT.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 45
Reaction score
What you are seeing in your new view, is exactly what I see. It is the default. I believe, what you may have had in the earlier version, was what was called "compact" mode. This is no longer available, as far as I can ascertain.
I have been looking through the internet, and found this "fix" which may help you

Use this, half way down the link

1643270225476.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I suspect that's to bring Windows 10 in line with WIndows11? The Windows 11 display has more space between lines than Windows 10 used to. It's a feature. ;)

Reaction score
Dave, thank you. Seems like the compact feature luckily has not been dropped. The OPTION ONE in the URL you sent, worked immediately on the new machine. Issue soved. Cheers from the Netherlands

Ask a Question