Spinning circles of death

Reaction score
Hi there so a day before my problem I upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1 and it completed and I had no problems. But after a day I had to hard restart my computer and on the restart I get to an orange screen with spinning circles and it has and will be on this screen for hours and I can get to the ctrl+alt+del menu and that it I can NOT sign in to my computer. Pls help.

Reaction score
The day after the upgrade Windows may have been catching up on some updates or completing some other process. Can we ask why you did the hard reset?

You might also include some specific information regarding your system model and specifications.

Reaction score
Same problem this morning, except I had done no upgrade. I hadn't installed or updated anything for a few weeks. Just started it up this morning with the spinning circles. I read everything I could (using my CHROMEBOOK!) with no answers. But I noticed that the system would go into standby when I used the standby key.. And I noticed that it even went into standby itself after 20 minutes. I could even shut the system down using the power button but when powering back up it went back into the spinning circles. no other keys worked, other than the standby key. Big problem is that I had neglected to make a recovery drive. So I thought I'd try something, knowing that sometimes if the power is cut off sometimes the system will bring up the safe mode option. So I pulled the plug on the computer and then powered up. It then booted up as if nothing had happened. I am know making a recovery drive as I type!

Reaction score
In most of these situations we have no idea of what is actually happening. In your case external power supplies are tied to the sleep and hibernate operations so perhaps it was something related to it.

But when nothing else works, sometimes a Hail Mary is required and you seem to have been successful. Good Job.

Reaction score
I had the same thing opening MS Edge spinning dots in the browser tab, just left it for 20 min and it eventually opened my home page. Annoying.

Ask a Question