SOLVED Start Button Stopped Responding to Left Click

Reaction score
Every night when I shut down my computer I run the updater for Windows and Malwarebytes (I don't know if either of these brought the issue on, just mentioning it in case they could be the issue), last night when updates completed I went to shut my computer down and the start button wouldn't bring up the usual start menu. Eventually I tried right clicking it which brought up a menu I could shut it down from so I did. This morning when I fired my computer up again the start button was still not responding to a left click. Right click works fine, left click doesn't, left click works as it's supposed to everywhere else that I've tried.

I'm running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎19/‎2022
OS build 19045.2546
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

The last feature update was on October 23 2022, the last quality update was on January 26 2023, the last driver update was February 3 2023, the last definition update was today, and the last "other" update was MSRT on January 11.

Malwarebytes is Premium build 4.5.22 and it did do the kind of update that requires restarting MBAM last night.

I don't know what else to post but I'm happy to answer whatever questions you may have to help me figure this out.

Reaction score
Ok so upon further probing everything goes back to normal when I quit Malwarebytes, and it still works when I fired it up again so I'm going to call this one solved!

Ask a Question