Start Button and Settings won't work.

Reaction score
Hi,

First of all, I apologise if this query has already been asked - but I'm really 'at the end of my tether'.

I recently updated my sister's tablet and a friend's laptop - both have Win 10 Home and both had not been updated for a year or so. Now, the Start button and Settings icon will not do anything when clicked on. I've also noticed some other anomalies, but will need to study each machine closely - before I can list everything I find.

Can anyone please help - before I set fire to these items, closely followed by myself!

I have tried EVERY suggestion I've come across on the internet - however outrageous it sounded.

Many Thanks,

Fretful.

Reaction score
more info on devices you have upgraded.Make models etc.
I would download the win10 media creation tool 22H2 (latest) and download win 10 iso file.
use rufus to make bootable usb stick (8 to 16) capacity run the bootable usb and do a clean custom install, delete all files on drive C.
you can try and download the latest drivers for the devices see if that will fix the problems first go to the site for the make and model of the devices and d/load the latest driver support.

Ask a Question