SOLVED Start Button Function Change

Reaction score
Recently I was online operating in a website and might have clicked on something that changed how the
Windows Start Button Operates. When I left the website the screen contained all of the icons that are presented only
when the Start Key is depressed. These are the large icons that show Life at a glance and Play and explore. I couldn't
get rid of them no matter how I tried. Also, right clicking the Start key no longer had any effect. Left clicking gave me options
to sign off, go to desktop, run, search, task manager etc. I also noticed that all of the icons that are usually on the left of the screen were missing. I still had a functioning task bar. Is there any way to return to the normal screen with all icons that I had before? I've tried using Cortana with various questions but none of the solutions worked.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Left click on the notification icon, right most in the notification area of the taskbar.
Find "Tablet Mode" and click it to toggle it off and on. You probably want to leave it off.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF that doesn't do it then you might want to take a look and turn this off.

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question